These chewy white chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favourite cookies. Soft, moist and chewy, filled with sweet white chocolate chunks and big enough to really get your teeth into.
Often the only thing that will hit the spot is a perfect chocolate chip cookie. Just a little crunchy and deliciously soft and chewy in the centre these white chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favourite. So easy to make, you can throw them together in a hurry and even little hands can help bake too.
When it comes to cookies I don’t like the ones you get in the biscuit aisle of the supermarket. There are no crunchy cookies in my house, it has to be chewy cookies all the way. These delicious white chocolate chip cookies are so delectably chewy in the middle you won’t be able to stop at one. I make my cookies extra large because, why not but if you want smaller ones just use half the amount of dough when baking. They’ll bake quicker so just keep an eye on them in the oven.
These were actually inspired by Subway cookies. Whenever we have a full day shoot with a client at work we tend to have Subway for lunch because its the closest and most convenient for a group to order from. I love a good Subway but the local one near to work always forgets the cookies! I finish my sub and check the bag only to find that the cookies I ordered are missing and I don’t have time to run to the shop to satisfy my sweet craving! so obviously I had to just make my own!
White chocolate chip cookies
- 150 g unsalted butter room temperature
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300 g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 330 g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Melt the butter on a saucepan over a medium heat. Set to one side to cool slightly.
- Put both sugars into a bowl and beat together with the melted butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the vanilla
- Add the eggs and continue to beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Gently fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until the mixture has combined before adding the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the baking tray. You want 2 tablespoons of mixture per cookie and you should be getting 4 cookies on a tray. Bake these in batches. Of course if you want smaller cookies half the dough.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
So there you have it my white chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I wana see your bakes!! Tag @whatseatingmanchester in your social media posts to show me your bakes!