No bake cheesecake recipe, this super easy cheesecake recipe is a firm favourite and you can whip it up in no time.
No bake cheesecake recipe. By far the easiest of the cheesecake veraities no bake cheesecakes consist of a buttery biscuit base topped with a creamy, rich mascapone or cream cheese topping. No bake cheesecakes are most popular here in the UK, in fact we very seldom see any other verieties. Without the need to bake they have become a firm family favourite that all the family can make and enjoy. Why not try this recipe with your kids for an extra special treat this weekend.
No bake cheesecakes recipe starts life as whipped cream and cream cheese combined. I always use cream cheese over mascapone simply because mascapone is more expensive and I don’t see a huge benefit to using one over the other. But if you would prefer to use it, its up to you. The most important factor is that whichever you use, it must be full fat. No cutting calories in this recipe. Reduced fat cream cheese is softer in consistency and doesn’t provide that firmness to keep the cheesecake from slopping all over the plate.
No Bake Cheesecake
Ingredients – for the biscuit base
- 10 digestive biscuits
- 75 g/3oz butter melted
Ingredients – for the filling
- 750 g full fat cream cheese
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Method – for the biscuit base
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and hit them with a rolling pin until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on a low heat, add the biscuit crumbs and stir to combine.
- Press the butter and biscuit crumbs firmly into the base of the cake pan and place in the fridge to cool whilst you prepare the filling.
Method – for the cheesecake filling
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk the cream into stiff peaks then gently fold this into the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the mixture on top of the now cooled biscuit base and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Flavour ideasNo bakes cheesecake can be flavoured anyway you like. Why not try a summer berry cheesecake by simmering fresh berries in a pan with a little water and sugar, chilling and using this to top the cheesecake. You can also add melted chocolate to the mixture before chilling for a chocolate cheesecake. Lemon juice and zest also work wonderfully in a cheesecake for a tang take on a classic.
And there you have it, my no bake cheesecake recipe. Don’t forget to tag @whatseatingmanchester in your social media post to show me your bakes!