Terrys chocolate orange cheesecake, a festive twist on a classic cheesecake
Terrys chocolate orange cheesecake! Who doesn’t love a Terrys Chocolate Orange at Christmas, in fact I think Christmas is the only time I every buy them. To be honest Terrys Chocolate Orange is the only form of orange chocolate I like, and I don’t just like them, I love them. I can’t stand any other orange flavoured chocolate but I can’t get enough of Terrys.
Cheesecakes are also one of my favourite desserts so when I passed the froze section in the supermarket at the weekend and saw a Terrys chocolate orange cheesecake I knew that I had to make one for myself. A rich and crunchy biscuit base topped with a creamy Terrys chocolate orange cheesecake filling and topped with Terrys orange segments, whipped cream and colourful sugar sprinkles. Its the ultimate decadent dessert for the festive season for when you need a break from mince pies and Christmas cake.
Ingredients – for the base
- 300g biscuits, I used hobnobs
- 150g unsalted butter
Ingredients – for the filling
- 250g full fat cream cheese
- 230ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 Terrys chocolate orange (157g)
- Edible sprinkles to decorate
Method – for the base
- Using either a food processor or a zip lock bag and a rolling pin, crush the biscuits to a fine crumb.
- In a small saucepan on a medium heat, gently melt the butter until liquid.
- Add the crumbs to the butter and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into a 20cm cake time and pop into the fridge for an hour to firm up.
Method – for the filling
- In a medium bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and coco powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Take out 5 tablespoons of the cream and place into a piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle, leave this to one side for decorating.
- In a small heatproof bowl, melt 1/4 of the Terrys chocolate orange in the microwave or over a pan of boiling water.
- Add the chocolate to the whipped cream and whisk until combined.
- Pour the chocolate cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture, fold gently with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Keep folding until the two mixtures have combined fully.
- Transfer the filling to the cake pan with the biscuit base, evening the mixture out with a spatula or the back on a tablespoon.
- Arrange the remaining orange segments on the top of the cheesecake and refrigerate before serving.
- When ready to serve, decorate by taking the cream you kept back and piping a small swirl in between the chocolate orange segments. Finally sprinkle with your edible sprinkles and enjoy!
And there you have it, my Terrys chocolate orange cheesecake recipe! Hope you enjoy making it, and if you do try it, let me know how it goes by tagging @whatseatingmanchester in your social media post!