Strawberry coconut baked donuts. Almost too easy sticky sweet strawberry donuts topped with a strawberry glaze and sprinkled with coconut.
Strawberry coconut baked donuts. I love these baked donuts, bursting with flavour from fresh strawberries, coconut milk and desiccated coconut these should be on everyone’s to bake list this week. With a sweet sticky strawberry glaze made with real strawberries topped with desiccated coconut they are almost too good.
It’s no secret that I love donuts, I truly believe that they blow cupcakes out of the water every time. They are just as versatile, just as delicious and so much easier to eat. With these strawberry coconut bakes donuts you get a double burst of flavour with fresh strawberries in both the donut and the glaze. Made with coconut milk instead of cows milk and with coconut sprinkles both on top and inside I can’t wait to sink my teeth into these.
All my baked donuts start life as a simple vanilla donut recipe, it’s tried and true and never lets me down. From there we build up the flavour with fresh strawberries, coconut and coconut milk. I would recommend picking up a silicone donut pan, they’re super cheap and easy to clean and store. They make baking donuts so much easier and enjoyable.
Strawberry Coconut Baked Donuts
Ingredients – for the donuts
- 350 g plain flour
- 190 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter melted
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 150 g fresh strawberries
- 75 g desiccated coconut
Ingredients – for the glaze
- 150 g strawberries chopped
- 120 g sugar
- 50 ml double cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50 g desiccated coconut
Method – for the donuts
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Spray a 6 hole donut pan with no stick cooking spray and dust each hole with a little plain flour.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl. Adding the coconut after you have sieved the rest.
- In another bowl, give the eggs a quick whisk with a fork and add the melted butter, vanilla and coconut milk. Whisk all these together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped strawberries and beat everything together by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the batter evenly into between the pans, for this you can either use a spoon or scoop your batter into a piping bag and fill the holes using this.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, once baked let cook and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
Method – for the glaze
- In a saucepan, on a medium heat, add all the ingredients, with the exception of the cream and coconut.
- Let the mixture boil down and reduce until think and glossy, about 20 min. If your mix is looking a little dry or like there isn’t enough liquid add a few teaspoons of water just to help it along.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 min then transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the fruit to a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and use a spoon to push the fruit through the sieve.
- Add the cream to the sieved glaze and stir well.
- Leave everything to cool completely.
Method – decorating the donuts
- When everything is cooled dip your donuts into the glaze so that just one side is covered.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and leave on a wire rack until the glaze has set, they are ready when the glaze is sticky but not wet.
Shop this recipe
So there you have it, my strawberry coconut baked donuts. Don’t forget to show me your bakes by tagging @whatseatingmanchester in your social media post.