Strawberry cheesecake mess, the perfect Valentines Day treat.
This strawberry cheesecake mess is the perfect valentines treat for your loved one this year. When served in a glass or wine glass and when care is taken over presentation, this easy to assemble dessert is a real showstopper. This strawberry cheesecake mess is super easy to make and all the elements can be made ahead of time to assemble after dinner. It tarts with a classic cheesecake layered with fresh strawberries, strawberry coulis, meringue kisses and amaretti biscuits.
End your valentines day right this year with my strawberry cheesecake mess. Now normally I don’t partake in valentines day, 9 years of working in hospitality never gave me a chance to partake in the holiday. Every year I would work an watch other couples feed eachother across the dinner table and slowly but surely it killed my love of anything red, pink or heart related. But this year being my second valentines day away from hospitality I think I have had enough of a break to give it one more shot. So this year I’m treating Sam to this strawberry cheesecake mess.
Strawberry Cheesecake Mess
Ingredients – for the cheesecake
- 200 g full fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 150 ml double cream
Ingredients – for the coulis
- 150 g strawberries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
You will also need …
- 6 amaretti biscuits
- 6 meringue kisses
- 100 g strawberries
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Seperatly, whisk the double cream using an electric whisk until thick then fold into the cheese mixture. Set to one side.
- To make the coulis put the strwberries and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook the strawberries for 5 minutes until soft and breaking up.
- Remove from the heat and press through a sieve to remove the seeds. Leave the mixture to one side to cool.
- Crumble half of the meringue kisses and all of the amaretti biscuits, keep seperate.
- Assemble your strawberry cheesecake mess by layering the cheesecake, strawberries, strawberry coulis, amaretti biscuits, crumbled meringue and whole meringue kisses.
- Top the rasberry cheesecake mess with fresh strawberries to serve
And there you have it, my strawberry cheesecake mess. Don’t forget to show me your bakes by tagging @whatseatingmanchester in your social media post.